Louisville KY – Care Act 2020 – Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grants
Grant Program Funding
Louisville Metro Government’s FY21 operating budget includes up to $21 million in federal CARES funding for Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grants.
Amount of Grants
The program will provide eligible businesses with grants up to $50,000 based on demonstrated impact from COVID-19.
Eligible Business Criteria
Businesses meeting the following criteria will be eligible for a grant:
- Businesses with 20 employees or fewer as of March 16, 2020
- Non-retail businesses with 50 employees or fewer that have remained closed or whose business activity have been severely restricted under state executive order dated March 25, 2020
- Businesses that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Businesses must be located in Louisville/Jefferson County
- Businesses must be in good standing with Louisville Metro Revenue Commission
- Business must be in “active” standing with Kentucky Secretary of State
Industries of focus include retail (including direct services), food service, arts & entertainment, recreation, and childcare.
The funds may only be used for the following business expenses:
- Lease/mortgage assistance
- Fixed cost support – to include debt service (interest only), business insurance, other fixed costs
- Technology for online platform to allow online sales – If your business does not currently have an online sales or ordering platform, please consider adding this as an additional revenue generating mechanism. Click here for assistance.
If you received funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration’s PPP and/or EIDL programs, you cannot claim funds to be used for the same expenditures.
Fill out the below pre-application form that will determine your eligibility for a grant. If you qualify, you will receive an email that provides a link to the full application. PC users are encouraged to use Google Chrome, and it is recommended that Mac users use Safari.